News from the FRED (Node-RED) team at Sense TecnicIn this issue:
- Industrial IoT – Predix nodes
- Shared dashboards – easy upgrade
- How FRED works
- New and updated nodes
Previous newsletters: http://sensetecnic.com/the-fred-newletter/
Industrial IoT – using GE Predix
For those of you interested in the Industrial IoT (IIoT) you may want to check out some new nodes we’ve recently written and released. These are nodes to allow access to the GE Predix platform. We’ve also written a handy tutorial with instructions on how to use these node.
Share your dashboards – paid feature.
We’ve added a feature that allows you to share dashboards using a standard URL. Anybody with the URL can see the dashboards, which is great for your customers, collaborators, or if you just want to show off your fancy home monitoring:-)
It’s only available to customers on a paid tier, so if you want shared dashboards, or need more than the 50 node limit under the free plan, or hate having to log in every three days to keep your flows active – sign up for the paid tier.
You can upgrade to the paid plan by following the “UPGRADE NOW” link in your management panel (shown right).
FRED – how it works
Interested in the technical details of how FRED works? We recently attended the ACM Middleware conference in Trento Italy where we presented a paper at the MoTA workshop on the FRED system.
New and updated nodes
- Samsung Artik we’ve updated our Artik nodes to cover the newly released Artik 710 module. If you are using the Artik nodes, download the latest release from NPM.
- We’ve also updated the twilio nodes – these provide a way to access the SMS service twilio and have proven popular with users monitoring equipment etc.
- BigTimer Peter Scargill’s ultimate Node-Red Timer with dusk, dawn, months, days, manual override, schedule pause and more.
- Blynk – a new node to integrate with the popular Blynk IoT app development environment.
- Particle – a node to connect to Particle IoT devices via the Particle platform
- CKAN – we’ve developed and released nodes for accessing the CKAN OpenData datastore. Tutorial coming soon!
All these nodes are available, along with the rest of our extended set, by using the add/remove feature of our management panel.
There’s a variety of documentation available to help you get the most out of FRED and Node-RED – our main set of tutorials are available via the link below.
Need help with Node-RED – we’re experts!
- Custom nodes or flows.
- Hosted Node-RED, branded for your organization or customers.
- Hosted IoT technologies, MQTT, InfluxDB, etc
- IoT app development and other professional services
Contact us at: email@example.com